Weather permitting, bare trees will be collected from residents for recycling on your regular collection day from December 31, 2012 - January 11, 2013. Remove stand and all decorations. Do not put in a plastic bag. Place bare trees at the curb by 7am on collection day or after 6pm the night before. Residents can also bring bare trees to the Recycling Center during open hours (Tues/Thurs 4pm-7:30pm and Sat 9am-4pm) from December 28, 2012 - January 26, 2013.
Recycling Christmas trees prevents them from getting buried in the landfill. Trees are recycled into mulch. Every year, City residents recycle thousands of trees.
Green & simplify the holidays:
- Give experience gifts (tickets to a show, gift certificates for dinner, massage, or museum).
- Give gifts of time (babysit, make dinner).
- Donate to a charity or non-profit in their name.
- DIY - make a something old something new.
- Give others a “gift exemption card”.
- Use the comics as gift wrap.
- Send E-cards.
- Give rechargeable batteries.
For more ideas see the Simplify the Holidays Guide.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Recycling Center Hours
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Ms. Randi Mail
Director of Recycling
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge