Computers and TVs
Harmless while intact, computer and television screens, or “CRTs”, contain about 5 pounds of lead and are banned from landfills and incinerators and must be recycled in MA.
Donate items to non-profit agencies including Technology for Social Change and Solutions at Work, that assist low income residents.
Producer Take Back
- Best Buy: $10 fee for monitors and TVs in exchange for a $10 gift card.
- Dell: free recycling of any Dell product, and other brands when buying Dell.
- HP: free recycling of any HP or Compaq product, small fee for other brands.
- Diagonal screen length more than 20 inches
You will need an "appliance/large item" permit for pick-up of your TV, to be scheduled on a Thursday ($25, $20 for seniors). You may include a CPU/hard drive, keyboard, mouse, and desktop printer.
- Diagonal screen length 20 inches or less
The City will pick up one small monitor or TV per household per week. NO monitors or TVs at the Recycling Center. You may include a CPU/hard drive, keyboard, mouse, and desktop printer.
How can we help you? I'd like...