Household Hazardous Waste
The City of Cambridge will hold four (4) Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Days in 2017 for Cambridge residents only. You must bring proof of residency. If you have no proof of residency or are property managers bringing more than 25 pounds or 25 gallons from a Cambridge residential building, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance. See below for dates and locations.
*All 2017 collection days are tentatively scheduled to be held in the Danehy Park Parking Lot on Field St., however these locations are subject to change. Please check back for updates.
| Date || Time || Location |
|Saturday, April 8 ||9am-1pm ||Danehy Park Parking Lot on Field St at Fern St. |
|Saturday, June 17 ||9am-1pm ||TO BE DETERMINED |
|Saturday, September 9 ||9am-1pm ||TO BE DETERMINED |
|Saturday, November 4 ||9am-1pm ||TO BE DETERMINED |
Field Street (MAP)
Click here to sign up for the monthly eNewsletter from the Recycling Division.
- Batteries: Vehicle & Non-Alkaline
- Car Fluids: Antifreeze, Brake, Engine Degreaser, & Transmission
- Car Tires (max four per household)
- Chemicals: Cleaners, Glues, Removers, Photography & Swimming Pool
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Mercury Items: Thermometers & Thermostats
- Paints: Oil-Based & Latex
- Poisons: Insecticides, Pesticides & Weed Killers
- Prescription Medicines (also accepted year-round at Police Dept. 125 Sixth St)
- Propane Cylinders (20 lbs. or less only)
- Waste Fuels: Antifreeze, Gasoline, Kerosene, Sterno & Motor Oil (motor oil also accepted year-round at DPW)
Items NOT Accepted
Can't Make the Next Collection?
- Remember that the Recycling Center accepts non-alkaline batteries, fluorescent bulbs, mercury items and motor oil.
- Cans of latex paint may be dried out and set out for curbside trash collection, with the lids off. Let evaporate outside or add kitty litter to speed drying.
- Ask a neighbor to bring your items to the collection.
- Bring items to Clean Harbors in Braintree, (781) 380-7100, 1 Hill Ave (off Quincy Ave). Small fee per pound. Saturday mornings from May-October. Call for details.
- Bring items to Minuteman Hazardous Waste Facility in Lexington. (781) 862-0500. Fee based on quantity. 8 annual collections, click here for dates.
How can we help you? I'd like...