10 Rodent Control Tips
- Store garbage in metal or heavy plastic containers with tight lids.
- Place trash outside shortly before pickup; don't leave plastic garbage bags outside overnight.
- Remove weeds and debris near buildings and in yards; don't give rats a place to hide.
- Store opened food in metal or glass containers with tight lids.
- Don't leave extra pet food out; store it in a secure container.
- Sweep up food remains, litter, and trash - inside and outside of your home.
- Inspect your basement and house for cracks and holes, seal them with mortar.
- Make sure you have screens on windows; inspect windows and screens for holes.
- Keep outside doors closed; use metal trim to prevent rodents from gnawing and entering underneath.
- Don't provide hiding places for rodents; store materials such as lumber and boxes on a rack with a clean, open area underneath. Get rid of unused materials.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge