Parking During a Snow Storm
Check the Traffic and Parking Department's website for information about winter parking restrictions and alternative off-street parking during snow emergencies. Even if no snow emergency has been declared, remember these general on-street parking guidelines:
- Always park at least 20 feet from the street corner so plows can push snow away from crosswalks. Parking away from the corner improves visibility and safety year-round.
- It is illegal to "reserve" cleared parking spaces; objects left in on-street parking spaces will be removed.
- Think safety; dig out fire hydrants and street drains while digging out your car.
- When digging out your car, think about how you pile snow; don't create new problems in the street or on sidewalks.
- Please don't take it personally if Public Works plows push snow back into your driveway or parked car. This is really unavoidable as we work to keep streets passable during all stages of a storm.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge