Parks and Public Areas
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of activity in parks throughout the City, we ask that you help us keep it clean for all to enjoy by carrying in trash bags and carry out your waste.
A Park Permit is required for any non-athletic events in City parks or public areas and must be obtained through The Department Public Works. Please read the Parks Permit FAQ page before applying for the permit. With the exception of Danehy Park and North Point Park, all parks require a permit.
Important Things to Know
1. A public gathering of 200 or more people may require a Police Detail and/or DPW personnel in attendance at the expense of the applicant.
2. Applications must be submitted two weeks prior to the requested date of event to ensure availability of the park/public area being requested.
3. Requests to use Danehy Park for any activity must be done through the City's Department of Human Services. Please contact Kevin Clark from the City's Recreation Division at 617.349.6238 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. North Point Park is the property under the jurisdiction of the state of Massachusetts. To inquire about the use of North Point Park, please contact the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation at 617.626.1250.
4. Applicants can now apply online to purchase a permit from The Department Public Works. Methods of Payment include: Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit cards, Visa & MasterCard debit cards, or Electronic checks (E-checks). A convenience fee will be charged for each purchase. 2.5% for Visa, MasterCard or Discover and a $2.00 flat fee for payments made with Electronic checks. Learn more about convenience fees. You will be taken to a secure, third-party payment processor, Velocity Payment Systems to submit payment online.
5. You can still download a paper application (pdf) and return it to the Public Works office at 147 Hampshire Street. If you have any questions, please contact Annette Rodibaugh, DPW operations manager, at 617.349.4846 or via email at email@example.com.
Apply Online for a Park Permit
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge