Attention Honorably Discharged Veterans and Surviving Spouses
IF YOU ARE:
- An Honorably Discharged Veteran or the Surviving Spouse of a Veteran;
- and You are Cambridge resident;
- and Your monthly income is $1815 or less if single, $2452 if married (Income includes, Wages, Social Security, VA Compensation or Pension, Retirement Income, or any other form of income);
- and You have cash assets of less than $1600 (single) $3200 (married);
- or You are Homeless,
You may be eligibile for cash assistance from the City of Cambridge's Department of Veterans' Services.
The Department of Veterans’ Services also assists Veterans’ or their surviving spouses in:
- Applying for VA Benefits and Services;
- Assistance for Disabled Veterans or their surviving spouses, who are homeowners, in applying for Real Estate Abatements or Exemptions;
- Assist recently discharged veterans in applying for a post 9/11 cash bonus ($500 or $1000);
- Assist 100% disabled veterans, or their surviving spouses in applying for an annual annuity of $2000
- Provide burial assistance for indigent Veterans.
If you think you may be eligible, please contact or visit: Cambridge Veterans' Services 51 Inman Street, Second Floor, Cambridge, MA 02139 Phone: 617-349-4761 Fax: 617-349-4097 TTY: 617-492-0235 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click for detailed eligibility (PDF).
Stephen A. Vesce
Manager of Benefits and Services:
51 Inman St.
Hours of Service
Veteran's Benefit Application
Fill out an application (PDF) to receive Veteran benefits.
Follow us on Twitter