Junior Forester Program
Calling all young tree lovers! Do you know a budding tree enthusiast who might be interested in improving the life of a young tree near their home or school? If so, the new Junior Forester Program is for them. The Junior Forester Program is open to all local youth ages 5-13 years that are interested in adopting and caring for trees in their neighborhood in conjunction with learning about trees and tree care.
The Junior Forester should:
1. WEED AROUND THE BASE OF THE TREE.. Pull weeds by hand and throw away.
2. WATER THE TREE - FILL THE GATOR BAG ONCE A WEEK... DPW will provide a ‘Gator Bag’ to hold 20 gallons of water.
3. MULCH OR ADD COMPOST TO THE SOIL... Apply 2 – 3 inches of mulch or compost to planting area. Not touching the trunk of the tree.
4. PICK UP LITTER – It is important to clean the tree well.
5. CALL DPW IF THERE IS INJURY TO THE TREE...Call us at 617.349.6949 or 617.349.4885.
To become a Junior Forester, you and a parent or guardian must complete the Junior Forester Application and return it to us with an adult’s signature. For more information, please contact David Lefcourt, City Arborist, at 617.349.6433 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCR's Citizen Forester January 2012 Newsletter Features Cambridge Junior Forester Program
How can we help you? I'd like...