Visit https://www.transportkendall.org/ for the summary document of the recommendations of the Kendall Square Mobility Task Force.
View the Meeting Materials tab for the Final Report, meeting agendas, presentations, and notes.
The Kendall Square Mobility Task Force bi-annual meeting will be Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Havana Conference Room, 5th Floor, One Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142.
The final report was posted in August. The Task Force will have a bi-annual check-in on the progress of recommendations on December 5th, 2017, 5:30-7:30pm, One Broadway, 5th Floor, Havana Conference Room (all visitors need a valid ID).
The work of the Task Force is now substantially complete and a Final Report will be posted soon. The Task Force agreed to meet bi-annually to check in on progress towards initiatives. The next check-in meeting is scheduled for December 5th, 2017, 5:30-7:30pm, One Broadway, 5th Floor, Havana Conference Room (all visitors need a valid ID).
Another meeting of the Task Force has been scheduled for Tuesday, June 6, from 5:00 -7:00 P.M. at One Main Street, 1st Floor - East Arcade Conference Room
The final meeting of the Task Force will be held on Thursday, April 6, in MIT building 3, room 442.
Later this month, there will be a public meeting to discuss the draft recommendations of the Task Force:
- Tuesday, February 28, from 6:00 - 8:00 P. M. at One Main Street, 1st Floor - East Arcade Conference Room.
The Task Force will meet to finalize the recommendations on March 28.
The next meetings of the Task Force will be held:
- Tuesday, January 24 from 6:00 - 8:00 P. M. at One Main Street, 1st Floor - East Arcade Conference Room.
- Tuesday, February 28 from 6:00 - 8:00 P. M. at One Main Street, 1st Floor - East Arcade Conference Room.
The December meeting of the Task Force has been rescheduled for:
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017 from 6:00 - 8:00 P. M. at One Main Street, 1st Floor - East Arcade Conference Room.
The October meeting of the Kendall Square Mobility Task Force will take place on:
- Tuesday, October 25 from 5:00 - 7:00 P. M. at the Cambridge Innovation Center, 1 Broadway, Havana Room - 5th floor. Please bring photo ID. Meeting topic: Grand Junction corridor.
The September meetings of the Kendall Square Mobility Task Force will take place on:
- Tuesday, September 6 from 5:00 - 7:00 P. M. in MIT's Stata Center (Building 32), room 144 (see map). Meeting topic: bus enhancements and priority corridors.
- Tuesday, September 20 from 5:00 - 7:00 P. M. at One Main Street, East Arcade conference room, first floor (note floor number correction). (See map.) Please bring photo ID. Meeting topic: bus priority corridors and Red Line transportation priorities.
The Kendall Square Mobility Task Force paused during the winter and spring of 2016 to refine the scope given changing needs and resources. The Task Force reconvened on July 12, 2016 from 5:00 - 7:00 P. M. at the Cambridge Innovation Center to discuss the schedule and tasks needed to complete the process. The Task Force will have more frequent meetings in the fall of 2016 to lead to the development of policy and project recommendations in the winter of 2016/2017.
Over the past decade, Kendall Square has seen dramatic growth. Nearly 1,000 units of housing have been built and occupied since 2010. In addition, nearly five million square feet of commercial development has been recently completed or is in the pipeline. Despite this rapid expansion of new development, the number of automobile trips has remained fairly constant on major streets as more commuters choose to travel by public transit, shared ride, bicycle, or on foot. Even with these promising trends in both development and mode shift, stakeholders in Kendall Square and the broader East Cambridge community are concerned that both trends could abate if the transportation system serving Kendall becomes overburdened.
The Kendall Square Mobility Task Force met 13 times from 2015-2017 to identify policy initiatives and projects that support the continued success of Kendall Square. Please see the Meeting Materials and Resources pages for more information and materials from the process.
Task Force members:
- Brian Dacey, Kendall Square Association (co-Chair)
- Susanne Rasmussen, City of Cambridge - Community Development Dept. (co-Chair)
- Chris Barr, Biogen Idec
- Joe Barr, City of Cambridge - Traffic, Parking and Transportation Dept.
- Kelley Brown, MIT - Office of Campus Planning
- Peter Crawley, East Cambridge Planning Team
- Robert Dorer, Volpe National Transportation Systems Center
- Melissa Dullea, MBTA
- Tom Evans, Cambridge Redevelopment Authority
- Jim Gascoigne, Charles River TMA
- Scott Hamwey, MassDOT
- Patrick Magee, East Cambridge Business Association
- Mike O'Hearn, Boston Properties
- Michael Owu, MIT Investment Management Company
- Jeffrey Rosenblum, PhD student at MIT and co-founder of Livable Streets Alliance
- John Sanzone, Friends of the Grand Junction Path