Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program (MSYEP)
The Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program (MSYEP) will be offered virtually during Summer 2020.
This page will be updated with the application link at 9:00am on Friday, June 5th and the deadline to apply to MSYEP is Friday, June 19th. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
To be eligible to participate in MSYEP, applicants must be Cambridge residents who are at least 14 years of age (as of July 6, 2020). Youth remain eligible through the summer after their high school graduation. Priority will be given to students who are eligible for free/reduced lunch.
Most worksites will operate between Monday, July 6 – Friday, August 14, 2020. Youth will work approximately 70-100 hours over the summer, earning a wage of $12.75 per hour.
As we determine eligibility for enrollment, many applicants will be contacted to review hiring documents. Please have the following documents available in case you are contacted for a video review session:
- US Citizens must show:
• Original Birth Certificate AND Original Social Security Card AND Either a Report Card, Photo ID or Medical Record
OR Original US Passport AND Original Security Card
- Non-US Citizens must show:
• Original Resident Alien Card or Permanent Resident Card AND Original Social Security Card
Important Program Information
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) MSYEP will be significantly different this summer:
- Priority will be given to applicants eligible for free/reduced lunch.
- Most or all worksites will be virtual, but technology should not be a barrier to participation. Indicate any tech concerns on your application.
- We will work to accommodate participation in summer school.
- Work will be a mix of online meetings and personal project-based activities.
Download a PDF about MSYEP 2020
For more information, contact George Hinds, Director of Youth Employment, at email@example.com