Informational Alert | Coronavirus Updates

The Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Department will be open to members of the public, by appointment only, Monday through Thursday, for select services. Details about how to access these services online or book an in-person appointment are available on our street occupancy permit (moving vans, moving crates, and tool trucks), parking ticket, and parking permit (residents and visitors) pages. Call 617-349-4700 (voice), 711 (relay), or email for assistance.

Information for Residents awaiting a Parking Ticket Hearing

January 26, 2021 Update: If you meet the criteria listed below, you may now submit a request to renew your Parking Permt(s) while you await a hearing date. The request form provides detailed information about the steps involved in this process. If you have questions, contact us.  

Submit request

The information below was originally posted on December 21, 2020.

Note: This information is only applicable to the 2021 Parking Permit Renewal Season and while parking ticket hearings are still on hold.

We are still working to resume Parking Ticket Hearings and understand the conflict this issue creates for people who want to renew their Parking Permits and are waiting for a hearing. Under normal circumstances, you must pay all outstanding parking tickets before you renew your permit. Due to the fact that we have not yet been able to resume hearings, we are willing to waive the ticket payment requirement if you:

  • have an outstanding ticket,
  • initiated a dispute within 21 days of the date that the ticket was issued, and
  • notified us that you want to have a hearing.

If this applies to you, note that we are working out the details of how to accommodate people in this situation. Contact us after January 17th. We will verify your information and provide instructions for how to renew your permit.

As a reminder, this only applies for parking tickets that meet the criteria above. All other parking tickets must be paid in order to get a Parking Permit.

Page was posted on 12/21/2020 1:24 PM
Page was last modified on 1/26/2021 11:28 AM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via Commonwealth Connect for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.