- Water >
- Programs >
- Cycle to the Source Cambridge Watershed Bike Tour
Cycle to the Source Cambridge Watershed Bike Tour
Discover the Headwaters of the Cambridge Drinking Supply by Bike
September 28th, 2019: Sign up here!
This annual event aims to connect CWD staff to the public, and encourages community members to consider where their water comes from. It is a fun, alternative way to share information about Cambridge water and past participants have greatly enjoyed the experience. Cycle to the Source encourages residents to:
- See the watershed in a low-impact way.
- Visit the reservoirs and gatehouses to further understand how water arrives at Fresh Pond
- Meet the faces of the Cambridge Water Department watershed division
- Get answers to questions regarding the supply, protection, transport, and treatment of Cambridge water before it reaches the tap
- Understand the connections between land use and water quality in our watershed
This year's ride will be on Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 8:30 am to 4 pm. Rain date is Sunday, September 29, 2019.
More information on the ride can be found here.
A map of the tour route for 2019 can be found here.
Any questions about the event can be sent to Annie O'Connell at email@example.com