Applications for the 2019 Sidewalk Poetry Contest will be accepted from Feb. 11 to March 10, 2019.
1. Poets must be a current resident of Cambridge, MA.
2. Cambridge residents of ANY age are eligible.
3. Poets may submit ONE poem of their own work. Text and subject matter must be appropriate for the general public.
4. Poems must be in English.
5. This year, we are suggesting a theme for the contest: CLIMATE CHANGE. In recognition of the urgency of this subject and the ongoing work by the City to address it, we invite you to use this broad topic as a launching point for your poem.
6. Poems can be previously published or unpublished, as long as it is original work by the entrant.
7. Poems may be a maximum of 10 lines in length with up to 40 characters per line including spaces. Poems may be no more than 250 characters total overall including titles, spaces and punctuation. (This means you will not be able to use all 10 lines of 40 characters each, but you could have 10 lines of 20 characters each for example.)
8. By submitting this poem, you are attesting that this is an original work of poetry and that you are its rightful author or authorized representative.
9. By submitting this poem, you give permission to the City of Cambridge, MA and anyone acting for or through them to imprint your poem onto the sidewalk in Cambridge, MA and to use and reprint the poem on the City of Cambridge website, in other marketing materials, and in projects related to the Sidewalk Poetry Program.
10. The deadline to submit a poem is Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 11:59PM. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please contact us with any questions at 617-349-4380 or email@example.com.
Apply via the online form here.