Informational Alert | Coronavirus Updates
NOTICE: Due to COVID-19, the Cambridge Police Records Unit will be open to members of the public by appointment only. Appointments can be made by phone at 617-349-3336 and hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. No fingerprint services are available at this time. Requests for general assistance, applications and License to Carry (LTC) renewals can be made by email: RecordsE-Mail@cambridgepolice.org.

BridgeStat - May 2012

While serious crime in Cambridge has risen 15% when compared with the first 5 months 2012, when measured against the 5-year weighted average for this time frame, only a  slight 4% bump has been recorded. The majority of this increase can be attributed to the overall increase in larceny (19%), with 150 additional thefts reported when compared with the first 150 days of 2011. A detailed analysis of all statistics indicates that there were 160 additional property crimes recorded in the first 5 months of 2012 to register a 16% surge when placed against the 2011 statistics.

View the full BridgeStat - May 2012 crime report (PDF).

Visiting CPD

Hours of Service

Monday: 8:30am-8pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-5pm
Friday: 8:30am-12pm

Cambridge Police Department

Branville G. Bard, Jr.
Police Commissioner

Email Us with general inquiries about the department or questions about resources/programs offered by the police. DO NOT use this form to submit tips or report crimes in progress.

125 Sixth Street
Cambridge MA 02142

Phone:617.349.3300