- Small Business Challenge 2019 Projects Completed
Small Business Challenge 2019 Projects Completed
The third annual Small Business Challenge invited local businesses, business associations, and business groups to propose projects that bring together neighborhood business interests and invigorate their commercial district through improved design, enhanced marketing and promotion, and business resilience. Following a budget increase that doubled the amount of funding available to the program, applicants crafted project proposals that were larger in scale and scope than previous years. Each grant recipient from the 2019 Small Business Challenge received the maximum amount of funding, $5,000, to implement their projects.
The 2019 Small Business Challenge projects are now complete:
The Community Development Department is currently accepting applications to the 2020 Small Business Challenge.
- Cambridge Local First launched an updated website that will support the organization's member recruitment and business promotion efforts.
- The Central Square Business Association developed a marketing booklet that promotes and highlights the Business Improvement District (BID) formation efforts in Central Square.
- The East Cambridge Business Association developed a catalog of professional and branded photos for use in promoting East Cambridge and Inman Square.
- The Harvard Square Business Association refreshed existing outdoor cafe tables and chairs for public use in Harvard Square. (Pictured here)
For More Information
To learn more about eligibility to participate in the Small Business Challenge, visit cambridgema.gov/SBC.