Informational Alert | Coronavirus Updates
NOTICE: DPW offices at 147 Hampshire St. are open to the public, by appointment only, on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Appointments can be made by phone at 617-349-4800 or by email at Individual staff are also available for appointments outside of these hours as needed; please contact the office with the details of your issue, and we will coordinate with the appropriate staff member. Many DPW services can be provided online, and DPW phones are staffed 24/7 to respond to urgent concerns.

Regulations of Wastewater and Stormwater Drainage Use Amended

News Image

An Amendment to the City's Wastewater and Stormwater Draingage Use Regulations


Cambridge, MA, June 18, 2019 - In 2008, the Department of Public Works (DPW) adopted Wastewater and Stormwater Drainage Use Regulations to comply with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) 2003 permit requirements for stormwater discharges. 

An amendment to Article V, Section C. 5(c) of these regulations will go into effect from and after June 28, 2019.  This amendment more closely aligns the City’s regulation with the EPAs updated 2016 permit for allowable non-stormwater discharge. This amendment will clarify when and how a formerly allowed stormwater discharge may no longer be allowed if the City, EPA or the MassDEP identifies any category or individual discharge as a significant contributor of pollutants.

A complete copy of the amended Article V of the Regulations may be obtained at the City Clerk’s Office and the Department of Public Works during office hours or click here

Page was posted on 6/20/2019 4:46 PM
Page was last modified on 2/4/2020 3:43 PM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via Commonwealth Connect for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc., click here