Cambridge Historical Commission Meeting
6:00 PM Thursday, September 2, 2021
Sarah Burks, email@example.com, 617-349-4683
Notice is hereby given that a public meeting will be held on Thursday, September 2, 2021, at 6:00 PM to consider the following matters under M.G.L. Ch. 40C and Ch. 2.78 of the Code of the City of Cambridge:
This meeting will be held online with remote participation. The public may participate via the Zoom webinar platform (https://zoom.us/) from a phone, tablet, or computer. To join the meeting, register here: https://tinyurl.com/CHCsep2021 or call (301)715-8592. Webinar ID#: 872 4047 3520. Confirm meeting details or view meeting materials online at https://tinyurl.com/CHistComm. Written comment is welcome up to 24 hours before the meeting and may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Case D-1585: 134 Massachusetts Ave. / 95 Vassar St., Building W41, by MIT. Demolish portions of the Metropolitan Storage Warehouse Co. building (1894) for renovation and adaptive re-use.
- Case L-136: 719/727 Massachusetts Ave. Gas Light Building LLC, owner. Consider petition of registered voters to initiate a landmark study for the Cambridge Gas Light Co. building.
- Case L-137: 689 Massachusetts Ave. Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, Inc., owner. Consider petition of registered voters to initiate a landmark study of the Savings Bank Building.
- Case L-138: 68-70 Lexington Ave., Gregory Scott Burd, owner. Consider initiation of a landmark designation study for a preferably-preserved significant building. The property owner has requested a 3-month continuance of this hearing and a 3-month extension of the demolition delay period.
- Case 4342: 27 Holyoke Pl., by Harvard University. Extend temporary certificate for construction staging area until Dec. 31, 2022.
- Case 4631 (continued): 613-629 Cambridge St., by RPI Cambridge Street LLC. Renovate #613 (2-story former carbarn), demolish and reconstruct #621 (1-story center building), and renovate #625-629.
- Case 4632 (continued from Aug. 5, 2021): 57 JFK St., by Crimson Galeria LP, Raj Dhanda, Manager. Construct 4-story addition to the existing Crimson Galeria building.
- Case 4647: 44 Bow St., (Lampoon building), by Harvard Lampoon Trust. Replace the slate and copper roof with clay tiles to match original, install rain leader boxes to match original.
- Case 4648: Story St. at Mt. Auburn St., by Crown Castle Fiber LLC. Install small cell antenna at existing pole location.
- Case 4649: Brattle Sq. at Mt. Auburn St., by Crown Castle Fiber LLC. Install small cell antenna at existing pole location.
- Case 4650: JFK St. at Winthrop Sq., by Crown Castle Fiber LLC. Install small cell antenna at existing pole location.
- Case 4651: Peabody St at Holden Chapel, by Crown Castle Fiber LLC. Install small cell antenna at existing pole location.
- Draft Minutes of 8/5/21
- Director's Report (Aug 2021)
- New Business:
- L139: Mayflower Poultry sign at 621 Cambridge St. Petition received requesting landmark study of the "Live Poultry Fresh Killed" sign at Mayflower Poultry shop.
Cases may be taken out of order and approved at the beginning of the meeting. Persons who wish to have a hearing on a case should notify the Commission in advance or be present at the beginning of the meeting when the Consent Agenda will be discussed.
Meeting notices may be viewed on the CHC web site here. Project plans and staff reports can be viewed online here.