Central Square Advisory Committee Call for Members

Cambridge City Manager Louis A. DePasquale is seeking one volunteer representative from the Riverside neighborhood and one volunteer representative from the Cambridgeport neighborhood to serve on the Central Square Advisory Committee. The Committee meets approximately monthly or on an as-needed basis.

The Central Square Advisory Committee is appointed by the City Manager to undertake all large project reviews of variances and special permits for activities within the Central Square Overlay District (Article 20.3 of the Cambridge Zoning Ordinance), and to monitor the progress of the Central Square Non-Zoning Recommendations of the 2013 K2C2 Study.

The purpose of the committee is to establish a formal, ongoing body to review development actions in the Central Square Overlay District and provide a forum within which a wide range of perspectives on development actions can be heard. Further details on the committee’s roles and responsibilities can be found in Article 20.304.01 of the Cambridge Zoning Ordinance.

The City of Cambridge welcomes applicants with a diversity of experiences and perspectives, and values those with a desire to positively shape the future of Central Square.

Applications for this committee can be submitted online at www.Cambridgema.gov/apply. Please include a letter explaining why you are interested and a resume or other description of your relevant experience, background, and unique perspective on Central Square. Paper applications are available in the City Manager’s Office at Cambridge City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, but an appointment must be made due to COVID-19 safety protocols, to pick it up. Please contact the City Manager’s Office at 617-349-4300 during regular business hours to make an appointment if needed. The deadline for submitting an application is Friday, April 23, 2021.

Serving on a board or commission can be a rewarding experience and an excellent way to contribute to the quality of life of the community in which you live or work.

For more information, contact Drew Kane at dkane@cambridgema.gov or visit the Central Square Advisory Committee webpage.

Page was posted on 3/25/2021 4:18 PM
Page was last modified on 3/25/2021 4:19 PM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via Commonwealth Connect for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.