Special Events

road race picture

Would you like to schedule a special event in a Cambridge park or plaza, or on a street or sidewalk?  Public Works is happy to guide you through the planning and approval process.

We encourage you to visit our Park Permit FAQ page and Special Event FAQ page to help you get started, answer some of your questions, and help you determine which application you should use.   Also, be sure to visit the CDD website to determine if the park you are thinking of using is under construction for renovations.

If you want to move forward with scheduling, please complete either the Park Permit Application or the Special Event Application (whichever most closely describes the event you are planning). Our staff will then follow up with you directly about the steps needed to ensure a successful event.

Do not
use these permits for Danehy Park or North Point Park.  Danehy Park must be scheduled through Tom Cusick at 617.349.6238 and North Point Park is under the jurisdiction of the DCR at 617.626.1250.

For more information about shooting film, visit the Filming Request page.

Small Events in Parks

arts in the park

For small events in a park (ie. child's birthday party, potluck,) without any amusements or food preparation, see our Park Permit FAQ page and complete a Park Permit Application.

Large (non-park) Events

City Dance Party

For parades, road races, walkathons, and festivals, please review our Special Event FAQ page and complete our Special Event Application Form.

How can we help you? I'd like...

Service Requests

Commonwealth Connect Promo

Cambridge citizen requests, now online & on the go! Report issues here.


Have a question?
Find the answer in our extensive
Frequently Asked Questions

Dept of Public Works

147 Hampshire Street
Cambridge MA 02139


Hours of Service

Monday: 8:30am-8pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-5pm
Friday: 8:30am-12pm