Filming Requests


The attached Film Request Form is for informational purposes only. Most filming requests in the public right-of-way may also require a Sidewalk Obstruction Permit and potentially other City permits as well.

For large, commercial film shoots, a 60 day notice is required. A Special Events meeting may be required with film organizers and the City’s Special Events Committee which is comprised of representatives from the Police Department, Fire Department, Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Department, License Department, Electrical Department, Inspectional Services and the Public Works Department.

For small film shoots by students, person on the street interviews, etc., a two week notice is required.

If you are planning to film in the City of Cambridge, you must complete the Filming Request Form. The form can be done and submitted online. Once the request form is received and reviewed, someone will contact you. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Rob Linke at 617.349.9498 or by email at

How can we help you? I'd like...

Service Requests

Commonwealth Connect Promo

Cambridge citizen requests, now online & on the go! Report issues here.


Have a question?
Find the answer in our extensive
Frequently Asked Questions

Dept of Public Works

147 Hampshire St
Cambridge MA 02139


Hours of Service

Monday: 8:30am-8pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-5pm
Friday: 8:30am-12pm