Five Year Plan for Street & Sidewalk Reconstruction
Learn more about the Five Year Street and Sidewalk Reconstruction Plan (PDF). A list of streets and sidewalks that are scheduled for reconstruction between 2015 and 2020 is located here.
Goals of the 5 Year Plan:
- Reconstruct streets, sidewalks and bicycle facilities with an emphasis on a Complete Streets approach: designing the street for all users
- Provide for comprehensive inspection/repair and upgrading of city utilities, as well as public utilities, so as to ensure new street system integrity is maintained for as long as possible once construction is complete
- Maintain safe, accessible streets and sidewalks
- Reconstruct streets, sidewalks and bicycle facilities in a prioritized fashion based on need
- Construct projects efficiently with minimum disruption to community life
- Effectively communicate design and construction projects with neighborhoods and facilitate a more integrated design process
- Provide reasonable access for all users, during street reconstruction
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE INTERACTIVE CONSTRUCTION MAP
How can we help you? I'd like...