Committee on Public Planting
The Purpose of the Committee on Public Planting is to promote and improve the quality and diversity of public planting throughout all areas of Cambridge. Specific functions of the committee, in keeping with this purpose, consists of the following:
- To advise the City Council, City Manager, Public Works Commissioner, and other appropriate department heads of issues concerning public planting including the effective maintenance of public plantings already in place;
- To serve as a resource within the City for programs and ideas consistent with the purposes of the committee;
- To review planting plans of all proposals for new public work in the City, primarily to appraise the appropriateness of plants, their placement, and the type of maintenance needed and provided;
- To support the role of the City Arborist or Tree Warden with the City.;
- To encourage interest in public planting in all neighborhoods of the City; and
- To conduct such other activities as are considered appropriate for achieving the basic purpose of the committee.
The Committee on Public Planting usually meets on the second Wednesday of each month from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm at the Department of Public Works, 147 Hampshire Street in the Frazier Building Conference Room.
E. Thomas Flynn
Julianne Siegel Schwarzer
David Lefcourt, City Arborist
Susan Glazer, Community Development Representative
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge