In The Garden
Keep your garden and composter free from rodents:
- Maintain the right ratio: your bin should always be 3 parts "browns" to 1 part "greens".
- Always cover up food scraps in your composter with leaves, paper towels, or other "brown" carbon materials.
- Rinse out eggshells to avoid odors that can attract rodents. No meat, bones, fat, dairy, or foods cooked with oil or butter
- Pick up fallen fruit or garden vegetables.
- Keep your composter 1.5 feet from any wall and the area around it free from weeds or tall grass.
- Keep your composter moist and active.
- Shut the lid tight.
- Pick up a free piece of 1/2-inch wire mesh form DPW to place underneath your composter to prevent burrowing.
- Put bird food in feeders only and don't overfeed. Store seeds in containers with tight lids.
Learn more about composting...
How can we help you? I'd like...