Planning and Development
Planning and Development works to expand and improve services for homeless and low income families and individuals in Cambridge. Our work involves:
- Acting as the lead agency for the Cambridge Continuum of Care, a network of homeless service providers and other stakeholders that collaborate to meet the diverse needs of the City’s homeless population.
- Grants management, including monitoring service providers to ensure the highest level of service.
- Overseeing proposals and reporting for entitlement and competitive local, state and federal grants including the Community Development Block Grant, the Emergency Solutions Grant, and the Supportive Housing and Shelter Plus Care Grants.
- Serving as the lead agency for the Cambridge Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), a HUD required database used to collect, track and report information on homeless client needs and services.
- Maintaining and updating the Directory of Resources for People who are Homeless in Cambridge
- Conducting the annual Point-in-Time count of persons experiencing homelessness