City of Cambridge


4/19/2017 10:27 a.m. Expect some traffic impacts during Spring Classic 5k Road Race Sunday, April 23. Road closures on Sidney St from Franklin St to Pacific St, and Franklin St, from Brookline St to Sidney St from approximately 9-10:30 a.m.   More details »


Street Performer Permit

Cambridge Arts

Guitar player In accordance with the City of Cambridge Street Performer Ordinance, performer permits are issued by the Cambridge Arts Council located at 344 Broadway, 2nd floor.

Permit fee is $40 (cash only) and all permits remain active from the date of issue until the end of the current calendar year on December 31.

Tips and FAQs

Are there Street Performance Monitors?

On a seasonal basis, CAC hires street performance monitors to check permits, compliance with the ordinance and maintain a balance between the interests of the performers, business people, and residents.

Does a Performer have to be a Cambridge Resident?

No a performer does not have to be a Cambridge resident in order to obtain a performance permit.

Where can I register a complaint or report an issue related to a Street Performer?

Call the Cambridge Arts: Street Performer Program Hotline - (617) 349-4385
Business owners and managers can provide:
Contact Information
Location/Address of Performance
Nature of Concern/Complaint

Last Updated: 3/5/2017 | Provide feedback on this page

Got feedback?

Please provide your feedback below: