City of Cambridge


4/19/2017 10:27 a.m. Expect some traffic impacts during Spring Classic 5k Road Race Sunday, April 23. Road closures on Sidney St from Franklin St to Pacific St, and Franklin St, from Brookline St to Sidney St from approximately 9-10:30 a.m.   More details »


I Want To

Displaying 1-10 of 169 results
I Want To Departments

Adopt a Tree

The Cambridge Department of Public Works is asking for your help to support our City's street trees and help us maintain a healthy, vibrant urban forest.

Public Works617-349-4800

Apply for a Banner Permit

The Electrical Department approves banner attachments to poles in the public way.

Electrical617-349-4925City Clerk's Office617-349-4260City Council617-349-4280

Apply for a Block Party Permit

A block party is a community-based event hosted by a group of neighbors, a not-for-profit organization or an association on a City street requiring closing of a portion of the street, a single block, for part of a day.

Traffic, Parking, and Transportation617-349-4700Cambridge Police617-349-3300Cambridge Fire617-349-4900Inspectional Services617-349-6100License617-349-6140

Apply for a Board or Commission

The City of Cambridge encourages and promotes involvement by residents in the decision-making process through participation in a variety of boards and commissions.

City Manager's Office617-349-4300

Apply for a Building Permit

Building permits are issued by the Inspectional Services Department. Anyone seeking to construct, alter, repair, or demolish a structure must first obtain a building permit.

Inspectional Services617-349-6100Historical Commission617-349-4683Cambridge Fire617-349-4900Community Development617-349-4600Traffic, Parking, and Transportation617-349-4700Public Works617-349-4800

Apply for a Business Certificate

A business certificate must be filed for any person, partnership, or corporation conducting business in Cambridge under a name other than their own.

City Clerk's Office617-349-4260

Apply for a Cambridge Arts Grant

This program provides access to professional arts and culture events for Cambridge youth through Field Trip Grants and also supports individual artists and organizations through Project Grants.

Cambridge Arts617-349-4380

Apply for a Common Victualler License

A Common Victualler License (Non-Alcoholic Restaurant) is issued by the Cambridge License Commission.

License617-349-6140Inspectional Services617-349-6100

Apply for a Community Garden Plot

There are thirteen (13) active community gardens located throughout the City, serving as areas of beautification, vegetable production, and meeting places.

Public Works617-349-4800

Apply for a Curb Cut

Anyone wanting to make or change a cut in the curb of the street, such as in constructing, moving or removing a driveway must first obtain a permit from the City of Cambridge.

Inspectional Services617-349-6100Public Works617-349-4800Traffic, Parking, and Transportation617-349-4700Historical Commission617-349-4683City Clerk's Office617-349-4260

Got feedback?

Please provide your feedback below: