Discover the Headwaters of the Cambridge Drinking Supply by Bike
The Cambridge Watershed Bike tour was introduced by the Water Department in 2013 as a way for residents to engage with their watershed. The event connects CWD staff to the public, and promotes community members to consider where their water comes from. It is a fun, alternative way to share information about Cambridge water and past participants have greatly enjoyed the experience. Cycle to the Source encourages residents to:
- See the watershed in a low-impact way.
- Visit the reservoirs and gatehouses to further understand how water arrives at Fresh Pond
- Meet the faces of the Cambridge Water Department watershed division
- Get answers to questions regarding the supply, protection, transport, and treatment of Cambridge water before it reaches the tap
- Understand the connections between land use and water quality in our watershed
If you are interested in learning more about the watershed bike tour or would like to register for this year's tour on October 17th, please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
A map of the tour route can be found here.