Discover the Headwaters of the Cambridge Drinking Supply by Bike
The Cambridge Watershed Bike tour was introduced by the Water Department in 2013 as a way for residents to engage with their watershed. The event connects CWD staff to the public, and promotes community members to consider where their water comes from. It is a fun, alternative way to share information about Cambridge water and past participants have greatly enjoyed the experience. Cycle to the Source encourages residents to:
- See the watershed in a low-impact way.
- Visit the reservoirs and gatehouses to further understand how water arrives at Fresh Pond
- Meet the faces of the Cambridge Water Department watershed division
- Get answers to questions regarding the supply, protection, transport, and treatment of Cambridge water before it reaches the tap
- Understand the connections between land use and water quality in our watershed
A map of the tour route can be found here.