The Cambridge Animal Commission consists of three full-time Animal Control Officers. It is our mission to provide responsive and efficient services, protect the health safety and welfare of animals and people in Cambridge and to promote responsible pet ownership through an educational and enforcement approach.
The Animal Commission's regular duties include:
- Enforcement of state laws and City ordinances pertaining to animals;
- Responding to nuisance domestic pet calls;
- Rescuing injured and/or sick domestic pets and wildlife;
- Distributing information for low cost spay/neuter assistance programs, domestic pet behavior problem solving, and nuisance wildlife exclusion and deterrent methods;
- Licensing all dogs in the City of Cambridge;
- Placing domestic animals with new responsible owners through their pet adoption program;
- Providing low cost rabies vaccination clinics for dogs; and
- The quarantine of animals involved in bite/scratch incidents and possible exposures to infected animals.
Off Leash and Shared Off Leash Areas for Dogs
2017 Dog Licenses
Now you may license your dogs online.