Outstanding City Employee Award Nominations Sought. Deadline 4-12-10
Cambridge City Manager Robert W. Healy is seeking nominations for the 2010 Outstanding City Employee Awards program which
is designed to recognize contributions above and beyond job requirements.
Cambridge City government is made up of dedicated employees who strive to provide a high level of quality services to all its citizens. The many positive things that City employees do often go unrecognized in the rush of a work week. The annual awards ceremony provides a special opportunity for City officials to give some well deserved recognition to a handful of deserving individuals. Winners will be recognized at a special awards ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 7, 2010.
Nominations will be accepted through Monday, April 12, 2010. Submissions can made online, via e-mail to
, via fax to the Personnel Department at 617-349-4312, or by mail/in person to the Personnel Department, 3rd Floor, Cambridge City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Ma 02139.
Criteria for determining outstanding performance include:
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service to the public and/or fellow employees.
- Developed an innovative or creative solution to a problem.
- Made superior contribution to the success of a project, completing work on time and within budget.
- Donated significant time to activities that benefit the Cambridge community. Encouraged and valued community involvement.
- Demonstrated an exceptional ability to work in a multicultural organization.
- Consistently contributed to better City operations.
All City employees at all levels of the City workforce are eligible for nomination. Anyone who lives or works in Cambridge may nominate one or more City employees for recognition. Individuals are not limited as to how many employees s/he chooses to nominate, but must submit a separate Nomination Form
or letter for each employee. An employee may not nominate her or his own supervisor or department head for recognition. The same form can be used by City employees or anyone interested in participating in the nomination process. A signed nomination letter may be submitted instead of a nomination form.
For more information, contact Maryellen Carvello, City Manager's Office at 617-349-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org