Massachusetts Municipal Association Presents Cambridge with Municipal Website Award
The City of Cambridge received an award from Mass Municipal Association (MMA) for best Municipal Website in Massachusetts in its population category. (Category 1: Population of 50,000 or greater).
The award was presented at MMA’s 2013 Annual Meeting on January 25 and 26.
In its congratulatory letter to the City of Cambridge, the MMA applauded the city's efforts in making its website an effective tool for the community.
Contest judges evaluated municipal websites based on the following criteria:
• Clearly branded as the official municipal government site
• Easily navigable and well-organized
• Robust search function
• Up-to-date information (e.g., board and committee members, meetings calendar)
• Extensive availability of up-to-date public records (e.g., board and committee meeting agendas and minutes, municipal budget, town meeting warrant, bylaws/ordinances)
• Functionality, interactivity and convenience (e.g., ability to apply for permits, pay bills, order documents, and file complaints or suggestions)
• Information about departments (e.g., key personnel, contact information, office hours, and department mission or purpose)
• Contact information, city/town hall address and hours
• Visual appeal and overall experience
“We are very proud of this recognition and want to share this award with the many city departments that have worked with us to improve their respective web pages, making them more user friendly and interactive,” said Mary Hart, Chief Information Officer for the City of Cambridge.
Visiting City Hall
Hours of Service
City Department Directory
Richard C. Rossi
Lisa C. Peterson
Deputy City Manager