Cambridge Biosafety Forum
The Cambridge Public Health Department is hosting a Biosafety Forum on Tuesday, May 13 and Wednesday, May 14 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Cambridge Hospital (1493 Cambridge Street, Macht Auditorium).
Cambridge residents who are interested in serving as new Community Representatives for Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBCs) are encouraged to attend. Current IBC Community Representatives, elected and appointed community officials, IBC members, and biosafety staff are also welcome at this event.
Participants will learn about the roles and responsibilities of Community Representatives for Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBCs), and how to become involved. Other topics will include:
- Goals, roles, and responsibilities of IBCs (including guidance from the National Institutes of Health Office of Biotechnology Activities)
- Introduction to molecular biology of viruses
- Role of the Community Representative on the IBC
- “Mock IBC," including meeting minutes and project registration review
- “Ask the experts” panel discussion
- Cambridge residents willing to serve as new Community Representatives on a local IBC – Free
- Companies with staff or community members already serving on their IBC – $150 for up to two people, $50 for each additional person
- Individual registration (Cambridge residents, public health officials, and others not looking to serve on an IBC) – $50
For more information, please contact contact Ashleigh Allard at email@example.com or 781-222-1022 (x36).
Download the registration form and view the agenda.
Completed registration forms can be returned to Ashleigh Allard (Safety Partners) by:
Fax: (781) 222-1022
Mail: 19A Crosby Drive, Suite 300, Bedford, MA 01730
Please make checks payable to Cambridge Public Health Department and mail to: Ashleigh Allard, Safety Partners, Inc., 19A Crosby Drive, Suite 300, Bedford, MA 01730.
Free validated parking will be available at the Cambridge Hospital garage located beneath the hospital.