Concord Ave Reconstruction
Includes the section of Concord from Fresh Pond Parkway to Blanchard Rd.
This project is complete. Please take a minute to complete our Concord Avenue Survey.
For more information on this project, please click on the Project Background tab.
This project is complete.
This project will implement several goals and objectives of the Concord-Alewife Plan. New trees and plantings will enhance the visual character of the street, sidewalk and traffic calming improvements will encourage walking and bicycling, and pedestrian access to public transit will be improved.
The Work Includes:
- Upgraded utilities
- New concrete sidewalks and curb cuts
- New roadway pavement
- Raised, asphalt-paved bicycle lanes
- A crossing island at Spinelli Place
- Street trees and plantings
- Removal of the painted island between Spinelli Place and Griswold St to create a new green space at the roadway edges.
- CJ Mabardy of Cambridge has been awarded an 18 month contract to complete these improvements.
- Construction will be supervised by the Cambridge Department of Public Works, with project manager Dan Vallee providing onsite management and assistance to residents and businesses.
- The contractor and police details will work with neighbors to coordinate access into properties.
- This is noisy, dirty work. Jackhammers, grade-all machines, backhoes and excavators will be used. You will hear banging and vehicle back-up alarms. Some work will extend up to the edge of private property.
Construction Phasing (tentative):
- Water main and catch basin installation
- Southern sidewalk reconstruction and construction of bike lane
- Northern sidewalk reconstruction and construction of bike lane
- Roadway paving
- Finish work: tree plantings, pavement markings.
- "No Parking" signs will be posted 24 hours in advance of all work; be sure to check dates and times.
- One lane of vehicular traffic will be maintained in each direction on Concord Ave.
- Pedestrian access, access into properties , and MBTA bus service will be maintained, but may be altered in certain ways.
- Weekly trash and recycling pick up will go on as scheduled.
Cambridge Department of Public Works
147 Hampshire Street
Work hours are 7 AM to 4 PM
If you need additional information related to this work please contact project manager Dan Vallee at 617.349.4813 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance relation to a special need or disability, please contact community relations manager, Kelly Dunn at 617.349.4870 or by email at email@example.com.
For 24-hour emergency assistance please call DPW at 617.349.4800.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge