Chapter 90 Contract 11
Includes Brattle St, Prospect St, Middlesex St, Cedar St, Cameron Ave, Municipal Lot #2
The contractor will mobilize in the summer to perform minor repair work.
The contractor will return in spring/summer to finish any outstanding items including tree plantings.
Chapter 90 contracts are funded by the state and managed by the Public Works Department. They are a major portion of the Engineering Division's five year plan. Construction generally includes surface enhancements such as pavement, sidewalk and pedestrian ramp reconstruction, traffic calming, and greenscaping. Minor stormwater management is also occasionally included.
View this page at www.ma.gov for more information.
This project includes:
- New pavement, new sidewalks, new pedestrian ramps, a new gas line, and traffic calming on Prospect Street
- New pavement, new sidewalks, new pedestrian ramps, and traffic calming on Cedar Street
- New pavement, new pedestrian ramps, and traffic calming on Brattle Street
- New pavement, new sidewalks, and new pedestrian ramps on Middlesex Street
- A traffic-calming raised intersection on Cameron Avenue
- New pavement for municipal parking lot number two in Harvard Square
- A.R. Belli of Newtonville MA has been awarded a one-year contract to complete these improvements. Their main office phone number is 617-332-8855.
- Construction will be supervised by the Cambridge Department of Public Works, with Project Manager Hussein Musa providing onsite management for the City and assistance to residents and businesses.
- This is noisy, dirty work. Jackhammers, grade-all machines, backhoes and excavators will be used. You will hear banging and vehicle back-up alarms. Some work will extend up to the edge of private property.
- The contractor and police details will work with neighbors to coordinate access to their properties.
- "No Parking” signs will be posted 24 hours in advance of all work; be sure to check dates and times.
- Pedestrian access, access into properties, and MBTA Bus Service will be maintained, but may be altered or restricted in certain ways. Weekly trash and recycling pick up will go on as scheduled.
Cambridge Department of Public Works
147 Hampshire Street
Work hours are 7 AM to 4 PM
If you need additional information or assistance related to this work, please contact project manager Hussein Musa at 617.349.4831 or by email at email@example.com.
For for accommodations or continuation of special services related to a disability or special need please contact Kelly Dunn at 617.349.4870 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For 24-hour emergency assistance please call 617.349.4860.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Friday: 8:30am-12 noon
24 Hour emergency 617.349.4860
RECYCLING CENTER HOURS
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge