Specialized Stretch Energy Code 2023
7/6/2023 • 8 months ago
On January 23, 2023, the City of Cambridge adopted the commonwealth of Massachusetts's new Municipal Opt-in Specialized Stretch Energy Code, joining the communities of Brookline and
Watertown. The code, which goes into effect in Cambridge on July 1, 2023, is to support the City's Net zero goals.
- The recent update to the stretch code went into effect tor "Residential Low-Rise construction" on
January 1, 2023 and will go into effect tor all other "Commercial construction" on July 1, 2023
- New construction in towns & cities that are a green or stretch community (299 communities)
- Building Energy Code for MA general site: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/building-energy-code
Free Massachusetts Energy Code Training
- The Mass save statewide energy efficiency program in coordination with the Board of Building Regulation and standards (IBBRS) and Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is continuing to sponsor training on the building energy
code, including the stretch Code and specialized Code, at various locations around the state. The training is open to all and developed to serve both building officials and other building professionals
e.g., builders & architects. Training is free tor building officials and counts toward the new BBRS requirement that building officials be trained in energy efficiency. Other building professionals pay a
nominal fee tor the training and may receive continuing education units (CEU's) tor attending.
- Energy Code Training and Events