- Water >
- Programs >
- Cycle to the Source Cambridge Watershed Bike Tour
Cycle to the Source Cambridge Watershed Bike Tour
Discover the Headwaters of the Cambridge Drinking Supply by Bike
This annual event aims to connect CWD staff to the public, and encourages community members to consider where their water comes from. It is a fun, alternative way to share information about Cambridge water and past participants have greatly enjoyed the experience. Cycle to the Source encourages residents to:
- See the watershed in a low-impact way.
- Visit the reservoirs and gatehouses to further understand how water arrives at Fresh Pond
- Meet the faces of the Cambridge Water Department watershed division
- Get answers to questions regarding the supply, protection, transport, and treatment of Cambridge water before it reaches the tap
- Understand the connections between land use and water quality in our watershed
This year's ride was a huge success! Check back next September for information about the 2019 tour. More information on the ride can be found here.
A map of the tour route for 2018 can be found here.
Any questions about the event can be sent to Annie O'Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org