How To Apply For Cambridge Arts Grants
We want to support your art! Cambridge Arts offers three annual grant funding opportunities: Art for Social Justice Grants, Local Cultural Council Grants, and Organizational Investment Grants. Applications are usually due in mid-October of each year. Details about our next grant opportunities will be announced by fall 2023.
Grant Application Guidelines
• Local Cultural Council Grants for Individuals or Organizations (click link for guidelines): Up to $5,000
Cambridge Arts participates in the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s annual Local Cultural Council grant program, which offers funding to individuals and organizations for cultural projects, public art, ticket subsidy programs, cultural field trips for children, and other activities. Learn more at https://massculturalcouncil.org/communities/local-cultural-council-program
. Apply at https://massculturalcouncil.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp
• Art for Social Justice Grants (click link for guidelines): $7,500
Art for Social Justice Grants support projects that present the themes and ongoing work of social justice to the Cambridge public through the arts. Apply at https://cos.slideroom.com
• Organizational Investment Grants (click link for guidelines): $9,000
Cambridge Arts’ Organization Investment Grants provide support for operational costs, sustainability, and resiliency to local cultural organizations that benefit Cambridge residents. Apply at https://cos.slideroom.com
For any applicants interested in applying for a grant to support a public art project, please refer to the: Public Art Project Guidelines.
2022-2023 Grant Timeline
• 2022 - 2023 Grant Guidelines Published: Sept. 1, 2022
• Applications Open: Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022
• Public Art and School-Based Proposals Eligibility Due date: Friday, Oct. 7, 2022, by 12 noon
• Local Cultural Council, Art for Social Justice, and Organizational Investment Grants Application Due date to apply: Oct. 19, 2022, by 11:59 p.m.
• Project Review Panels Convene: November to January 2023
• Applicants Notified of Panel Decisions: Mid-January 2023
We're happy to help you work through any questions and concerns you may have as you're preparing your application. If you're having trouble figuring things out, we'd like to help. Never applied before and need help decoding the application? We want to help.
To register for any of the following opportunities, please email Deena Anderson at email@example.com
Deena Anderson, Cambridge Arts’ Director of Community Arts, will hold Grant Writing Virtual Office Hours each Monday from 5 to 6 p.m. from Monday, Sept. 12, through Monday, Oct. 17. All are welcome to attend one or more these virtual sessions. If Mondays at 5 p.m. are inconvenient, we can set up another time that would work for you.
Cambridge Arts is happy to provide one-on-one grant consultations. To set up an appointment for a consultation or if you have any questions about the Grant Program please contact Director of Community Arts Deena Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
All projects created with funding through this grant program should follow City and State guidelines for public health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Information about how to apply for grants in the 2023-2024 Cambridge Arts grant cycle will be available in early fall 2023. The application due date is usually around Oct. 15. To review the application process from the previous grant cycle, see above.