We are excited that you want to perform in Cambridge! Cambridge Arts is here to help you make that happen. Cambridge has a number of licenses and permits that can apply to public events. These are designed to protect artists as well as all our neighbors. Below is a guide to some of the common licenses and permits and when they might apply to you:
• Street Performer/Busker License: What to apply for if you’d like to perform on sidewalks, parks and other City-owned public spaces. The license is totally free.
Department of Public Works:
• Special Events Permit: What to apply for if you’re planning a festival, parade, film shoot or other sizeable events. Often these events may require a permits from multiple City departments.
• Park Permit: What to apply for if you want to reserve a space for a performance in Cambridge park.
• Sidewalk Obstruction Permit: What to apply for if you want to reserve space for performance on a city sidewalk.
Traffic Parking & Transportation:
• Special Event/Street Closure Permit: What to apply for if you’re planning a large event that would require the closing of a Cambridge street.
You may apply for the following licenses as a One Day license or an Annual License:
• Entertainment License
• Alcohol License: What to apply for if you would like to serve alcohol.
• Hawker/Peddler License: What to apply for if you would like to sell things (CDs, souvenirs, merchandise).
• Temporary Amusement (Bounce Houses)
If you need help, navigating the licensing and permitting process, please contact us at Cambridge Arts: 617-349-4380 or email@example.com