2002 Manufacturing Sector
Download Data as Office Open XML (.xlsx)
|NAICS||Industrial Classification||Number of establishments||Number of establishments with more than 20 Workers||Number of Employees(1)||Annual Payroll ($1,000)||Avg production workers per Year||Production worker Hours (thousands)||Production worker Wages ($1,000)||Value added ($1,000)||Total Cost of Materials ($1,000)||Total Value of Shipments ($1,000)||Total Capital Expenditures ($1,000)
|3113||Sugar & confectionery product mfg||6||3||773||25447||650||1340||18263||62191||42889||102631||955
|3254||Pharmaceutical & medicine mfg||10||8||g||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D
|32541||Pharmaceutical & medicine mfg||10||8||g||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D
|325412||Pharmaceutical preparation mfg||5||3||g||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D
|334||Computer & electronic product mfg||18||5||1030||57031||541||1087||18843||93454||36873||130327||11705
|3344||Semiconductor & other electronic component mfg||4||1||f||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D
|33441||Semiconductor & other electronic component mfg||4||1||f||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D
|334413||Semiconductor & related device mfg||4||1||f||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D
- Industries with 500 employees or more are shown. Some statistics are withheld to avoid disclosing data for individual companies. If employment is 500 or more, number of establishments is shown and employment size range is indicated by one of the following symbols:
- a: 0 to 19 employees
- b: 20 to 99 employees
- c: 100 to 249 employees
- e: 250 to 499 employees
- f: 500 to 999 employees
- g: 1,000 to 2,499 employees
- h: 2,500 to 4,999 employees
- i: 5,000 to 9,999 employees
- j: 10,000 to 24,999 employees
- k: 25,000 to 49,999 employees
- l: 50,000 to 99,999 employees
- m: 100,000 employees or more
- D: Withheld to avoid disclosing information about individual companies. Data is included in broader categories.
Source: U. S. Census, 2002 Economic Census; Sector 31: Manufacturing: Geographic Area Series: Industry Statistics for the States, Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas, Counties, and Places.
The figures presented here should not compared to the employment by industry figures generated by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development. The methodology and intended uses of the information differ, making direct comparisons impracticable.
For More Information
For more information about the data see:
For more information about socioeconomic and demographic statistics about Cambridge, please contact Cliff Cook, email@example.com, Planning Information Manager, at 617/349-4656.