These city ordinances (6.04, 13.12) and state regulations (310 CMR 22.20B) protect the water supply and wildlife habitat, while also ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Thank you for observing these rules while visiting Fresh Pond with your dog.
Click here to view the seasonal shared use guidelines at Kingsley Park.
1. Keep your dog on a leash no more than 6 feet long.
You may walk your dog off-leash only if you meet all of the following criteria:
- your dog has as current and visible Cambridge license
- you keep your dog within your sight at all times
- your dog responds quickly when called
- you walk your dog on-leash in parking lots
- you are walking no more than 3 dogs.
2. Clean up after your dog. Bags and trash barrels are provided throughout the Reservation.
3. Make sure your dog has a current and visible license (if over 6 months old).
4. Keep your dog out of restoration areas as indicated by signs and fences.
5. Do not allow your dog to hurt, harass, or jump on people or other dogs.
6. Do not allow your dog to chase wildlife or other dogs.
7. Report all dog bites to Cambridge Animal Commission and Chief Ranger, if available.
Non-compliance can result in fines of up to $100 per offense.