- City Clerk's Office
City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk is the official record keeper for the City of Cambridge. Records kept by the Office of the City Clerk include vital statistics (including birth, marriage, domestic partnerships and death) and business and professional certificates.
The City Clerk is also responsible for:
- City Council Documents - Search records prior to May 2003 in the City Clerk’s Office; newer records may be searched online.
- Appeals of Board of Zoning Appeal cases and Planning Board cases
- State and child support tax liens
- All notifications of meetings of municipal governmental bodies
- Municipal Code Book Fee $50.00. There is an additional $15.00 charge for shipping & handling.
- Zoning Ordinance Book Fee $75.00. There is an additional $15.00 charge for shipping & handling.
- Filing Zoning Petition Fee $150.00
The City Clerk is the official keeper of the City Seal and City Ordinances. All notifications and documents are available to the public, with some exceptions pertaining to vital records.