Hydrant Rental Permits
Hydrant Rental Permits are issued through the Cross Connection Program
The rental process is:
- Submit a hydrant rental permit application. Application can be accessed here: Hydrant Meter application
- For connection/usage for agreed upon duration:
- There is a $2,500.00 refundable deposit due upon rental. Please make the check payable to the Cambridge Water Department.
- The Meter and backflow device to be supplied by Water Department
- There is a $100 initial inspection fee.
- You will be charged for the water used based on the meter readings.
- For rentals over 30 days, there is a $100 monthly inspection fee
- Protection of hardware from damage, freeze, etc.is the responsibility of the contractor renting the hydrant.
For additional information, please contact John Blouin at 617-349-4025 Monday through Friday: 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM or email.