Halloween Open Houses at Cambridge Fire Houses and Halloween Fire Safety Tips
10/24/2022 • 13 months ago
Halloween Open House at Cambridge Fire Stations
Monday, October 31, 4-6 p.m.
Special Thanks to Cambridge Brands for Candy Donation
Halloween Fire Safety – 2022
Let’s keep Halloween Fire Safe for children, adults, & our pets too.
Review these fire safety tips from your Cambridge Firefighters.
- Stay visible so that others can see you. Carry a flashlight or glowstick.
- If wearing a costume or mask, make sure that your visibility is not blocked, especially for young children.
- When wearing a costume, watch for trip hazards, especially on stairs.
- Always be extra careful when in costume, passing a heat source or open flame. Allow plenty of clearance.
- Stay on the sidewalk. Cross the street safely & in the crosswalk.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult or older child.
- Always travel with a partner or partners – safety in numbers.
- If a pet accompanies you, ensure that the pet is kept close & is visible. Costumes or decorations may make the pet feel apprehensive and nervous.
- Avoid the use of open flame candles. Use battery operated candles or flashlights.
- Place decorations away from heat sources. Most decorations are combustible.
- Make sure that your decorations don’t block exits.
- Before eating any candy given out, have an adult check it out for safety.
Carry a cell phone - just in case you need to call for help.
As always, for any fire, medical, or other emergency, call 911 right away or pull the nearest city fire alarm box.