Dear Valued Customer:
Please read this entire page. By clicking I AGREE, you are agreeing to the terms and policies set forth by the Cambridge Fire Department Paid Fire Detail System.
- Details are at a four hour minimum rate.
- Details that exceed eight (8) hours shall be paid at the rate of time and one-half.
- Details over (4) hours but up to (7) hours will be charged a (7) hour minimum.
- Payment is expected based on the amount of hours the detail was requested for. (Example: if a detail is requested for eight hours and runs less than the requested time the requested eight hours will be invoiced and subject for full payment)
Hourly rates are as follows:
- Firefighters: $52.00
- Lieutenant: $59.50
- Captain: $62.50
- Deputy Chief: $65.50
- Most details are at Firefighter rate. Officers will receive their respective rate when supervisory roles are required.
Add $11.00 per hour for the following details:
- Building demolition
- After midnight to completion
- Detail requests and cancellations are made on line through the Cambridge Fire Department web site.
- No phone calls, faxes, purchase order, job or reference numbers accepted.
- Detail requests and cancellations must be in prior to 1 PM on the business day before the date of the detail.
- A fire detail "customer copy" is provided on site. If a company is requesting additional copies there will be a fee. Customer copy detail slips left at the completion of the detail are not invoices.
- Invoices are emailed from the Administrative Billing Office.
- Invoices must be paid in full no more than 14 days from the date of the invoice.
- Maximum outstanding overdue balance limit is $5,000.
- All details are charged a 10% administrative surcharge.
- Fire Department Members are not responsible nor should they be asked for signing anything on site other than a standard sign in accountability sheet.
- Details will be billed in increments of one hour.
- Detail requests must be made a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours prior to the start of the detail. Emergency Detail requests may be excused from the twenty-four (24) hour minimum requirement. Emergency Details are those which are the result of water/gas line breaks, acts of God, or any event that the City deems to be considered an emergency.
- All details can be validated in the vendor portal, or by the detail slip where necessary. Once a detail has been completed, please review and ensure accuracy of information including hours and number of Firefighters who performed the detail.
- The Department reserves the right to suspend/deny detail requests for safety concerns, or delinquent accounts.
- Changes to existing detail requests must be made no later than twenty-four (24) hours before the detail is scheduled to begin. If you are requesting a change after normal business hours, please email email@example.com.
- In the event that a vendor is on credit hold with the City of Cambridge, the Fire Department may require pre-payment of details. In such instances vendors will be required to pay in person during Detail Office business hours.
- After hours emergencies and weekends, contact Division 1 at 617-349-4942 or Division 2 at 617-349-4943.