U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

City Seal of Cambridge
Aerial photo of the Main Library


Press FAQs

How do I obtain images of the Main Library, branch libraries or displays and exhibitions at the Cambridge Public Library?

If you would like a photograph of a Branch library, current displays and exhibitions, or any other photograph associated with the CPL, contact the Manager of Communications at mkangsen@cambridgema.gov at least two weeks ahead of time. Photographs shared with the media are subject to copyright restrictions.

I work for an established media outlet, how do I join the Cambridge Public Library's media distribution list?

To join the CPL’s media distribution list, please send your email address to Elizabeth Edwards, Communications Coordinator, at eedwards@cambridgema.gov. 

Does the CPL provide parking to reporters or media organizations?

The Library does not provide parking to reporters or media organizations. The best place for media trucks to park at the Main Library is on Broadway, and we ask that local reporters/media organizations work with the Cambridge Department of Traffic, Parking and Transportation to park on the street.

Am I allowed to take photographs at a Library event?

Photographing, filming, or recording members of the public, library staff on duty, and public programs is prohibited unless permission has been granted in advance by the Library. The Library does routinely take photographs of our events and programs for our own use. At every library event where photographs are being taken, members of the public are notified through signs posted at the entrance to the event space.

How do I schedule an interview for an article or general story?

To schedule an interview, please contact Elizabeth Edwards, Communications Coordinator, by email at eedwards@cambridgema.gov or by phone at 857-235-9809. You may also contact the Administration Office at 617-349-4032. 

I work for the a college newspaper, can my newspaper get on the CPL's media distribution list?

Student newspapers and community organizations, such as neighborhood associations, can get on the CPL's media distribution list. To join the media distribution list, please contact Elizabeth Edwards, Communications Coordinator, at eedwards@cambridgema.gov.
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via SeeClickFix for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc., click here