- DHSP >
- War Memorial Recreation Center
War Memorial Recreation Center
The War Memorial Recreation Center provides residents access to a state of the art, fully accessible, and climate controlled facility that houses:
- a six lane lap pool, a diving tank (both 80 degrees) and a round instruction pool (85 degrees)
- a gymnasium
- basketball, volleyball and tennis courts
- men’s and women’s locker rooms
- family / handicapped changing space
- a weight room equipped with Cybex cardiovascular equipment and strength building machines, in addition to a full line of hand weights
- a mirrored multipurpose room
Our three pools always have life guards on duty when open and lifts are available to assist patrons with pool entry.
A complete listing of our current class offerings, adult coed volleyball information, Pool Schedule, and pricing is available in our brochure.
You can register on-line for classes at the War Memorial by clicking here.
NEW TENNIS COURTS ARE COMING SOON!
After assessment, the City of Cambridge will be resurfacing the CRLS Tennis Courts and addressing some drainage issues associated with the Ellery Street Garage, located behind the War Memorial Recreation Center at 1640 Cambridge Street. Currently the project is expected to start in late July and end in the early Fall of 2019. Details for this project, including all public notifications and scheduled feedback sessions, will be posted at: www.cambridgema.gov/DHSP/warmemorial. If you have any questions regarding this project, please call 617 349 6279 or email us at: WarMemorial