Apply to DHSP Summer Camps and Programs!
The Department of Human Service Programs (DHSP) offers summer camps and programs where Cambridge children can learn new skills, make connections, and have fun in a safe environment. Community Schools Summer Camps are open to current Junior Kindergarten – 4th graders. Cambridge Youth Programs (CYP) Pre-Teen / Middle School Summer Programs are open to current 3rd – 8th graders.
Summer program participation is determined by a lottery system and priority will be given to applicants from low-income households. Tuition rates are based on household size and income range. Tuition is free for 8th graders enrolled in the CYP Pre-Teen / Middle School Summer Program.
Summer 2023 camps and programs will run Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. during the following four sessions:
- Mini-session: July 5 - 7
- Session 1: Week 1 and 2 (July 10-21)
- Session 2: Weeks 3 and 4 (July 24 – August 4)
- Session 3: Weeks 5 and 6 (August 7 – August 18)
The deadline to apply to the Summer Camps and Programs lottery is Friday, March 10. Applications submitted after March 10 will be automatically added to the waiting pool.
Click here to Apply
In-Person Lottery Application Help
If you have questions or need help filling out an application, DHSP staff are available to provide in-person assistance:
View the In-person Assistance Flyer: Summer Camps 2023 Application Assistance
- Thursday, March 2, Moore Youth Center, 12 Gilmore St., 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4, “Rollin’ and Summer Resources” event, King Open/CSUS building , 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 6, Department of Human Service Programs, 51 Inman St. 3rd floor, 5 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday March 7, Frisoli Youth Center, 61 Willow St., 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday March 8, Morse School, 40 Granite St., 6 – 7:30 p.m.
For more information, visit www.cambridgema.gov/SummerCamps
Questions? Contact DHSP at email@example.com or 617-349-6200.