Division 2

Division 2

Photo by jjg

2012 Ford Expedition

History of Division 2

Fire Suppression Division 2 was established on 12 June 1956 and originally ran out of Fire Headquarters at 491 Broadway. Division 2 encompasses the northern and western areas of the city. Administratively Engines 1, 4, 8, and 9; Trucks 1 and 4; and Rescues 1 and 2 are under jurisdiction of Division Chief 2.

In 1988, the Division 2 Deputy Fire Chief's quarters was relocated to the Taylor Square fire house.

Division 2 Deputy Fire Chiefs

Group 1: Deputy Fire Chief John J. Cotter
Group 2: Deputy Fire Chief Kenneth R. Jenness
Group 3: Deputy Fire Chief Robert L. Walsh 
Group 4: Deputy Fire Chief Francis E. Murphy III

For questions about Division 2, contact the Deputy Chief of Division 2 Here:

Division 2 Statistics
Calendar Year Responses Building Fires
2017  1223 28
2016 1254 37
2015 1362 44
2014 1293 36
2013 1220 43
Fiscal Year Responses Building Fires
2012/2013 1267 47
2011/2012 1009 32
2010/2011 1351 39
2009/2010 1281 44
2008/2009 1390 48