War Memorial Recreation Center
The War Memorial Recreation Center, located at 1640 Cambridge St. Door 15, includes a Field House, multi-purpose room, gymnasium, weight room and 3 swimming pools.
The War Memorial offers a variety of programming for children and adults, including swimming and fitness classes. To comply with COVID-19 safety protocols, the War Memorial will operate with a limited programming schedule during Winter 2022.
View the War Memorial Brochure for class details, more registration information, pool schedule, rates, and War Memorial rules and regulations.
War Memorial Recreation Center Hours
- Monday – Friday: 5:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
- Saturday – 8:30 a.m. – 5: 15 p.m.
- Sunday – 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
During Winter 2022, capacity at the War Memorial Recreation Center will be limited to 70% or less.
Visitors to the War Memorial and participants in activities must follow these safety protocols:
• Masks are required for all staff and visitors inside the building, except when swimming.
• All patrons must check-in and sign in:
– Patrons should arrive at the facility no sooner than 5 minutes before their activity is scheduled to start and come ready to participate.
– Patrons should enter and exit the facility through Door 15 on Cambridge Street.
– A health screening will be posted at the Front Desk as patrons check in for their activity. After checking/ signing in, patrons will be directed to their activity.
• Maintain a distance of 3 feet from anyone not in their group.
• Children under 8 must have a parent or caregiver (limited to 1 person) present at all times and will be directed to observe their children from designated areas.
• No food is permitted in the facility.
• Patrons must bring their own clearly marked water bottle.
• The Dance Studio is not currently in use.
• Patrons may access the locker rooms after their activity. A passing time of 30 minutes will be built in to scheduled programming to reduce clusters of people throughout the building.