Family Policy Council
The Family Policy Council, officially known as the Coordinating Council for Children, Youth and Families is dedicated to developing policy and program recommendations aimed at ensuring all children, teens and their families have access to what they need to be successful, engaged residents who are prepared for life in our community and in the world.
The Mayor of Cambridge serves as the Chair of the Family Policy Council, and membership is comprised of key stakeholders in local government and in the community, which includes the following:
- Elected Officials (City Councilor and School Committee Member)
- City Department Heads (City Manager designee, Assistant City Manager for Human Services, Chief Public Health Officer, Police Commissioner, Director of the Cambridge Public Library, Superintendent of Schools)
- Community Representatives (business, community-at-large, early childhood, school age, philanthropy, state agency, university, and youth representatives)
Family Policy Council Meetings are open to the public.
Family Policy Council Meetings 2022-23 (Location To Be Determined)
• Thursday September 15 (5:15-7:15)
• Thursday October 20 (5:15-7:15)
• Thursday November 17 (5:15-7:15)
• Thursday January 19 (5:15-7:15)
• Thursday February 16 (5:15-7:15)
• Thursday March 16 (5:15-7:15)
• Thursday May 4 5:15-7:15)
Cambridge Youth Council
The Cambridge Youth Council is the youth civic engagement subcommittee of the Family Policy Council. This diverse group of high school students provides the Family Policy Council with valuable feedback, and they are currently working on projects addressing the opportunity gaps in Cambridge. For more information, check out their website: www.cambridgeyouthcouncil.org
Find It Cambridge
Find It Cambridge is a website to help those who live, work, and play in Cambridge easily find the amazing array of activities, services, and resources available. Check out www.finditcambridge.org
For additional support, the Find It Cambridge Manager, Andrew Liedtka, can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 617-686-2998.