Family Policy Council
The Family Policy Council, officially known as the Coordinating Council for Children, Youth and Families is dedicated to developing policy and program recommendations aimed at ensuring all children, youth and their families have access to what they need to be successful, engaged residents who are prepared for life in our community and in the world.
If you have questions about the Family Policy Council, please contact Nancy Tauber, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-349-6239.
Examples of Adopted Policy and Program Recommendations
Family Policy Council Membership
The Mayor of Cambridge serves as the Chair of the Family Policy Council, and membership is comprised of key stakeholders in local government and in the community, which includes the following:
- Elected Officials: Mayor, City Councilor, School Committee Member
- City Department Heads: City Manager Designee, Health, Human Services, Library, Police, Cambridge Public Schools
- Community Representation: Business, Cambridge Nonprofit Coalition, Early Childhood, Housing, Philanthropic, Poverty, State, University, Youth
Family Policy Council meetings are open to the public.
Family Policy Council meetings are open to the public. All meetings are on Thursdays from 5:15 - 7:15 p.m. on the following dates:
- September 28, 2023 (Location TBD)
- October 26, 2023 (Location TBD)
- December 7, 2023 (Location TBD)
- January 25, 2024 (Location TBD)
- February 29, 2024 (Location TBD)
- April 4, 2024 (Location TBD)
- May 2, 2024 (Location TBD)
Cambridge Youth Council (CYC)
CYC is the youth engagement subcommittee of the Family Policy Council. This diverse group of high school students provides the Family Policy Council with valuable feedback, and they are currently working on projects addressing the opportunity gaps in Cambridge. For more information, check out their website: www.cambridgeyouthcouncil.org
CYC would like to introduce you to Youth Headspace
and the Well-Beings, a mental health campaign that provides you with helpful information and resources to support their mental health. Please check out this 2-min video
Find It Cambridge
Find It Cambridge is a website to help those who live, work and play in Cambridge easily find the amazing array of activities, services, and resources available. Check out www.finditcambridge.org
Andrew Liedtka, the Find It Cambridge Manager, if you need help finding and accessing programs, services, and resources. He can be reached by email (email@example.com
) or phone (617-686-2998).
This map and spreadsheet highlight the vast array of programs and resources dedicated to supporting our children, teens, and families.
It is a tool for providers, leaders, policy makers, and funders to:
- Navigate and better understand the Cambridge ecosystem
- Onboard new staff
- Identify priorities, gaps, and ways to allocate resources
- Figure out who is missing at meetings, events, committees, etc.
- Find potential collaborators and partners
We encourage you to use both the ecosystem map and Find It Cambridge together.